£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
about 1 month ago
Salary: Attractive Salary
Operations, Assembly, Warehouse, NPI, Launch, Quality, CI, Management, Delivery
Our client is a niche automotive design and manufacturing business, based in South Wales. The business is currently undergoing a huge period of growth, with the introduction of new product lines and clients and as a result is looking for an Operations Manager to help scale up production and to support the growth plans of this exciting SME.
The successful candidate will lead and organise the Manufacturing and Operations departments to ensure they run smoothly and efficiently to company standards, targets and objectives. The role will also be responsible for supporting major change programmes and will need to be a strong people manager with the ability to lead through change.
We are looking for someone with not only relevant experience in manufacturing or operations leadership within an assembly environment, preferably automotive or a related industry but also someone with the right personality to drive the business forward and become an integral part of its success.
The role will entail:
- Leading the operations department, becoming an integral part of the senior management team
- Ensuring production achieves Quality, Cost and Delivery targets
- Direct areas of responsibility include Production, Quality, Planning and Logistics and Supply Chain
- Knowledge of injection moulding, paint processes and mechanical assembly would be advantageous
- Supervising and evaluation of performance of production staff
- Resource planning and management (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Ensuring output meets quality standards
- Ensuring health and safety is part of everyday working practice
- Ensuring that all production equipment is maintained and in safe working order
- Ensuring that production process are robust and able to cope with future sales growth
- Instilling a culture of continuous improvement across manufacturing & operations
- Managing operations to yearly budget and set targets
- Managing departmental budgets & costs
- Acting as a mentor and coach to all direct reports to increase staff engagement
- Liaising with NPI team to smoothly introduce new products into production
- Liaising with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
We are looking for:
- Proven track record of operations management / production management
- Sound knowledge of production/operations management systems and procedures
- Sound knowledge of quality systems and procedures
- Good communication skills
- In depth knowledge and experience of managing people and teams
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving
- IT & numerical skills
- Strong decision making skills and a results driven approach
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be a major contributor to the growth and success of this South Wales business, helping it to achieve its potential and beyond. In order to do this, you will need to be flexible, prepared to go the extra mile and to be a strong leader and ambassador for change.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Operational Management, driving forward change and leading new product launch and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Operations Managers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.