Basic salary up to £80,000 (DOE) + benefits
2 months ago
Head of Operations / General Manager
Basic Salary up to £80,000 (DOE) + benefits
Nottinghamshire / Derbyshire / South Yorkshire
An experienced Head of Operations / General Manager is required for a busy dynamic and growing SME business. This company has an excellent reputation for the design, manufacture and supply of specialist industrial components / consumables used across a wide range of industrial sectors. They have become a key supplier to many successful international OEMs and recognised brands. As Head of Operations, you will be part of a Senior Management Team that reports directly to the Managing Director. The scope of your operational management responsibility working with your department heads will cover Procurement, Supply Chain, Warehousing & Distribution, Quality, H&S and Facilities.
To complement your strong operational and commercial leadership experience, you will have a creative, resourceful, confident, and energetic personality with the ability to motivate others to achieve high levels of performance, delivery and customer satisfaction. In addition, you will be commercially astute with a real eye for detail, having the gravitas and credibility to work at all levels within the business and externally when dealing with stakeholders, suppliers and customers.
To be considered for this Head of Operations position you must have:
- Experience of taking strategic objectives and turning these into sound credible operational plans, that are owned and delivered by your first line and their teams.
- Significant leadership and people management experience, an ability to lead by example, setting high standards with a real belief in getting the best out of people through coaching, training and mentoring.
- A tenacious approach to instilling disciplines that will deliver operational excellence and achievement of exacting Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
- Solid purchasing and supply chain experience gained within a fast-paced, warehouse, distribution, logistics or manufacturing business operating within a modern ERP environment.
- Experience of import and export and be familiar with all the changes and requirements of Brexit that are necessary to run a successful international outsourced manufacturing, supply and distribution business.
- Strong numerical ability, be data driven, able to evaluate information & KPIs and use this as the basis for decision making and a constant drive for efficiency and improvement.
- Qualifications ideally to HND/degree level in either purchasing, business management, quality, logistics or manufacturing.
- A dynamic, driven and approachable personality not prepared to accept second best with a real passion for people development and the pursuit of delivering exceptional customer service.
- An ability to further develop a high-performance team-based culture that will support the implementation of continuous improvement techniques, visual management and simple but effective KPIs.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, written and verbal with an ability to build robust working relationships internally and externally with suppliers and customers.
As Head of Operations, you will be joining a progressive and highly regarded business during a period of change and transformation. If you are up for the challenge, this role will require solid commercial, purchasing and supply chain leadership skills together with significant experience of delivering a winning culture that will meet and exceed customer expectations
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.