- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: General management
- Contact: Simon Roberts
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446113
- Expiry Date: 04 January 2022
- Job Ref: 59843
Head of Advanced Machining
Basic Salary up to £80,000 (DOE) + benefits
As Head of Advanced Machining, you will be joining a global manufacturing organisation with a strong brand, reputation for innovation, manufacturing excellence and high-quality performance. The business is now looking to recruit a forward-thinking Head of Advanced Machining who will report directly to the Operations Director and become an active member of the senior leadership team. As a well-rounded manufacturing and machining specialist, you will ensure strategic goals and business objectives are achieved, on-time and to budget while ensuring machining capability meets the current and future demands of a diverse and changing product range.
To be considered for this Head of Advanced Machining position you will:
- Provide effective leadership and management to an advanced machining facility setting strategic direction on investment, layout, and industry 4.0 protocols. Working with your team you will deliver a step change in machining operations and performance that will ensure quality, cost, and delivery requirements are achieved on time and to plan, while maintaining a safe working environment for all employees.
- Have experience of advanced machining techniques using modern 5-axis CNC Machine Tools including milling, turning, grinding, fully automated robotic cells and FMS. Products are ever changing and range from large prismatic parts to precision tight tolerance cylindrical components. New product introduction will be an important aspect of the role and machining capability will need to keep pace with demanding engineering requirements.
- Be experienced in producing detailed capital equipment justifications based on sound market intelligence, customer requirements, new product development, product mix (UK/Europe), future machining trends and presenting these at senior level with fully costed benefit, ROI and payback analysis.
- Have excellent project management/planning skills and be familiar with modern lean six sigma tools and techniques, particularly 5S, SOP, VSM (present/future state), layout planning and continue to drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Be well organised and ensure the factory continues to maintain the highest possible standards, be familiar with the “factory as a showroom” concept that clearly demonstrates the full capability of the facility, machine shops and people.
- Ideally be qualified to degree level or above in Production, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering. A formal apprenticeship or significant experience of CNC machining technology would be a distinct advantage.
- Have excellent communication skills, setting high standards, leading by example, with a tenacious approach to continuous improvement and instilling disciplines that will ensure high levels of productivity, quality and machining excellence.
- A dynamic and driven personality, with an ability to build robust working relationships across the company, work effectively with stakeholders at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom, with customers and suppliers alike.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a modern advanced manufacturing business, you will be able to apply the full extent of your machining knowledge and experience in a company that will undergo significant investment in new equipment over the next 5 - 10 years. Based on success in this position there is real scope and opportunity for future career progression.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.