£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Senior Engineering Manager (Castings & Forging)
£Competitive plus Benefits
Engineering, Manager, Prototype, Launch, NPI, Manufacturing, DFM, APQP, Casting, Forging, Machining
A Senior Engineering Manager (Casting & Forging) is required with knowledge of taking product designs through all prototype trials and launch activities into full production within a high precision and innovation environment to meet customer requirements. Candidates with experience of new product introduction, launch and product development from a manufacturing perspective with knowledge of casting, forging and/or machining would be well received.
Due to continued growth this niche supplier of specialist casting and forged components and machined components based in Shropshire requires a proactive, hands on Senior Engineering Manager who can lead the introduction and launch of new products into manufacturing dealing with customer, suppliers and Engineering Teams to ensure products can be taken from initial design stages, through all prototype phases and into prototype trials and into small to medium volume production.
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will be required to:
- Proactively manage health, safety and environmental matters for the engineering function
- Responsible for ensuring products and services meet or exceed customers’ expectations for innovation, quality and value
- Build effective long-term customer relationships
- Integrate engineering team into daily business operations.
- Lead and develop employees
- Help develop and set technical strategy and policy as part of the senior team
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will have the following:
- Primary manufacturing company transforming raw material to high value finished products, ideally conversant with aluminum automotive structures, engine and transmission system applications.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 & IATF16949 2016
- Understanding of fluid/thermo/mechanics and the ability to extrapolate these toward design development and improvement of casting products and processes
- Proficient in FMEA and PDCA problem solving.
- A demonstrable track record of leadership of an engineering team
- Demonstrable experience of adapting to the changing market in order to effectively align with industry grand challenges.
- Recent previous experience in a senior engineering role in a Tier 1 / 2 mid-size manufacturing / casting company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have managed an Engineering Team/Department in the delivery of new products, process improvement and launch within a powertrain, transmission and/or casting environment, preferably automotive and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Engineering Manager role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.