£60k - 70k per year + Bonus + Pension
2 months ago
We are working with one of the world’s market leaders in injection moulded packaging technology, to recruit a dynamic Engineering Manager.The company provide primary packaging solutions to some of the biggest brand owners in personal care, household, pharmaceuticals, and food industries. At their UK site alone, the company turns over £45 million, with a group turnover exceeding £350 million in Europe – this is still a privately owned business that is constantly investing in new robotics and automation technology. As a result – the Engineering Manager will ideally come from an injection moulded packaging background or a highly automated FMCG packaging/FMCG manufacturing environment.
You will have a good knowledge of robotics for manufacturing applications and a desire to work in business that embraces change and has multiple engineering projects running concurrently. As well as being responsible for all engineering at the site in the UK, this position is involved at group level, therefore, will provide opportunity to work with other sites.
The position is offering a salary range expected to be around £60,000 p.a. to £70,000p.a. - although please do not be deterred if your requirements are outside this range, always best to have the conversation! Benefits include a generous performance related bonus, company pension and favourable relocation package if required.
Engieering Manger Key Responsibilities:
- Act as Strategic Manager of multiple technologies
- Development and implementation of the necessary systems, procedures and protocols ensuring that they meet and adhere to Quality Management System and Design Control requirements.
- Compliance with all the regulations governing and the maintenance of effective Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Development and implementation of complete asset management system including maintenance functions.
- Identification and selection of best value technologies.
- Preparation of annual operational and capital expenditure budgets.
- Management of agreed budgets, hiring, day to day management, project resourcing etc.
- Delivery of profitable on time product/project launch.
- Priortises and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsors and supports value improvement in the operation
- Ensure the efficient and timely transfer of process knowledge from project personnel to manufacturing engineers and coordinator the training of production team members on new processes and equipment.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports our customer’s quality policy.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues.
- Managerial, leadership and employee development, ensuring adequate training is provided to satisfy all operational and health and safety requirements.
If this position sounds like it could be your next challenge, please contact Fraser Nibbs on 07947 342669 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.