£32k - 42k per year + Company pension, 25 days holiday, healthcare
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
SME General Engineering business
Circa £40,000, company pension scheme, medical insurance after probation, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday.
A well respected and regarded general engineering SME have asked us to assist them in the recruitment of an outstanding Engineering Manager to complement their management team in driving forward business change.
Working closely with the Senior Management team you will have exceptional team and people skills to bring out the best in the team. You will be expected to plan, deliver, and coordinate engineering activity related to manufacturing. Working closely with key stakeholders to get the best out the business, equipment, people, and process.
You will Supervise and lead the engineering team to deliver the goals and objectives of the senior management team, including having full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met.
This is both an internal and external facing role, and you will work with external customers through provision of technical solutions to deliver their needs, working with them for the duration of projects and commissions.
Developing a culture of continuous improvement is vital to the continued success for the business, so ideally you will have an impactful knowledge of lean and CI methodology.
Key responsibilities and duties
Delivering engineering excellence by ensuring:
- Effectively and efficiently managing the delivery of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets whilst meeting customer specifications, exceeding where possible quality and delivery expectations with day to day ‘hands on’ activity
- Implementing new R&D projects into the business until transferred to manufacturing
- Document & report evaluations and lead customer signoffs for new products
- Identifying and implementing engineering improvements across both own and supporting departments
- Assisting with resolution of quality concerns
- Building customer relationships
- Ensuring departmental risk assessments are carried out in a timely manner and counter measures
- Monitoring the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Communicating and liaising with other departmental managers regarding technical support through, for example provision of drawings, model, build schedules etc
- Support and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
People and team management is critical, and is an integral part of the Engineering Manager, from recruiting and retention of high-quality staff, to the daily management of team members including their personal and business issues.
As Engineering Manager, we are seeking the following qualifications:
HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
Degree in engineering related discipline
As the Engineering Manager is an integral part of the business, we are seeking the following attributes:
- Extensive experience in an engineering environment
- Competence in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Demonstrable evidence of leading a team
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the business
- Understanding and ability to work in an SME
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Knowledge of sheet metal, fabrics, and plastics
- 3D Solid Works knowledge & understanding
This is an excellent role for an engineering professional to join a very well respected business that is trading in both the UK and Europe, the business is going through a culture change to cope with an uplift in demand so you will be potentially joining them at the start of this journey.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.