£70k - 90k per year + excellent benefits package
A Chief Engineer (Vehicles) is required for a leading defence organisation based in Coventry. This position is an integral role and will be responsible for providing the System of System Engineering capabilities and leadership covering the MoD’s fleet of Protected Mobility Vehicles, including vehicles such as the Mastiff, Wolfhound, Ridgback, Foxhound and Husky.
As the Chief Engineer your role will be required to liaise and co-operate with the Vehicle Systems Engineering subject matter experts and the armour expertise within our clients established engineering teams. You will be a key point of contact with the MoD and will be required to attend meetings at Abbey Wood in Filton. Reporting to the Director of Programmes & Chief Operating Officer you’ll be familiar with the relevant Defence Standards, Military Standards and have an appreciation of all Defence Lines of Development.
The Chief Engineer Vehicles will be accountable for the following:
- Analysis of system and sub-system level requirements.
- Writing LRU and component specifications.
- Support the development of supplier Statement of Work's (SOWs).
- Configuration Management of vehicle system and sub-systems data.
- Dealing with subcontractors during subsystem design and development.
- Prepare material for internal and external design reviews.
- Carry out viability assessments of competing technologies and systems.
- Prepare cost, programme and risk estimates for proposed engineering support solutions.
- Functional analysis activities.
- Realise logical and functional architecture.
- Implementation of design solutions.
- Support business wide Systems Engineering integration and test activities.
We are seeking applications from degree qualified candidates within a relevant engineering discipline and candidates of Chartered Engineering status (IMechE or IET) will be viewed advantageously. You will be experienced in leading engineering development programmes for large defence systems and an expertise in engineering programmes DOORS & SysML. This individual will have a proven history working in design and development system teams throughout the engineering lifecycle.
This is an exciting time to be joining an organisation that’s been awarded the Engineering Authority role for the MoD platforms via its Vehicles Systems and Services part of the business. If you would like to discuss this role in more detail then please contact Les Hines on 01384 446165 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.