Salary c. £60,000 + attractive benefits package
Automotive - Powertrain
Are you a talented senior procurement professional looking to take your purchasing career in a new and exciting direction?
We are looking to recruit a Senior Procurement Manager with a proven track record of working within the automotive industry. We want to speak to procurement professionals who are seeking a new challenge within procurement and wish to utilise their automotive background and experience. Thisis an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team bringing an innovative new product to the Automotive OEM market.
Having increased its UK footprint tenfold, with a £2.5 billion investment in a futuristic work environment our client is located in one of the most charming and picturesque areas of Wiltshire. Away from the traditional hub of the UK automotive industry, this location assists this infamous British brand protect its innovations and promote creativity.
- Lead the Procurement activities for Powertrain and represent UK Procurement in cross functional team meetings for new and existing projects.
- Drive and manage Category costs.
- Develop Category Sourcing Plans for each project, identifying High-risk and High-impact parts and ensuring all necessary Category Procurement activities are complete.
- Work with engineers and suppliers to create detailed specifications, and identify VA/VE and DFM opportunities - and ensure they are adopted and benefits realised.
- Support cross functional long-term Procurement strategy for designated categories and related components, obtaining buy in from key stakeholders within the business.
- Initiate negotiations and take the lead in closing price agreements to meet KPIs in cooperation with the Category team.
- Identify risk, minimise exposure and work closely with internal stakeholders to define and implement mitigating actions.
- Contract negotiation and new vendor identification, introduction and management.
We are seeking an ambitious, automotive industry experienced procurement professional who offers substantial experience in Procurement Category Management. Experience in Electrical Motors and Powertrain or EV battery technology is desirable.
- Clearly demonstrates understanding of technical engineering relevant to the Automotive industry.
- Strong commercial background within a High-Tech manufacturing, engineering or technology business.
- Proven negotiator with abilities in influencing people at all levels of an organisation.
- Good manufacturing and quality knowledge with a process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection.
- Experience in product costing and/or costed Bill of Materials and identification of product cost drivers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
We are proud to be supporting one of Britain's true success stories - an institute of innovation and development of ground breaking technologies. With the ability to bring technologies together in one exciting product. In return for your procurement experience, you will receive an attractive salary + benefits package + relocation. Plus the opportunity to work within a vibrant culture - interested? Please forward your CV or contact me directly for further details on 01384 446162.