Attractive salary, benefits package
01384 446 174
7 months ago
Procurement Engineering Managers
Excellent Salary and benefits package
We are working with an established, forward thinking business that has become synonymous with advancing technology both in the home and business.
We are seeking 3 procurement professionals to manage one of the following categories:
- NPI Electronics
- Sensors and Displays.
- PCBA’s and Power Electronics
Procurement Engineering is a new and exciting function that sits at the very heart of the organisation . Partnering closely with key stakeholders in New Product Innovation, Research and Engineering, the Procurement Engineering team support and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define new and exciting products.
As part of the Global Operations and Procurement Team, Procurement Engineering lead and drive upstream procurement activity across all categories for new technologies and new supplier engagements. The Procurement Engineering team work collaboratively alongside the Research and NPI Partners through the early stages of the NPI process to ensure they are building robust new supply chains that have optimum cost quality and performance outcomes.
You will be working and developing purchasing supply chains for fantastic new products and concepts, some of them will go to mass production.
- Upstream Procurement Management of the above listed commodities.
- Engagement with Research and NPI teams on new technologies and supplier introduction
- Manage assigned PE activity for new technologies and components through sourcing, delivery, and launch, ensuring projects are completed on time, on cost, on quality.
- Investigate and implement new technologies and suppliers.
- Lead the supply chain due diligence and supplier qualification for the commodity.
- Develop clear cost and technology roadmaps and the development of commodity strategies in collaboration with Engineering and Procurement counterparts
You will demonstrate a clear passion for procurement and the benefits it can bring to an organisation. You will be able to smoothly navigate sometimes complex situations and be comfortable operating at all levels within technical and engineering driven environments. Technical know-how, commercial acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills will be key for these roles. Resilience and the desire to bring about change is also essential.
• BSc or MSc degree in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering or Physics
We are keen to talk to candidates that have knowledge and experience in the following groups:
- Proven experience in sourcing and early supplier engagement in semiconductor technology, PCBA’s and power electronics modules.
- Experience of electronics components and sub-assemblies.
- Experience in sensors and displays commodity.
It is a given that you be able to collaborate with and influence multiple stakeholders across different product categories and across the globe as numerous key suppliers are already based in the Far East.
Self-starter with the ability to drive procurement engineering activity in an efficient and organised manner.
Experienced in NPI (new product innovation) environments both at sourcing and launch ramp up phases is highly desirable.
• MCIPS advantageous
These are superb positions within a true innovator, we are seeking candidates who have a passion for procurement, manufacturing, advancing technology and can develop long lasting relationship with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.