about 1 month ago
Engineering Manager – Aerospace – Permanent – Devon – Highly competitive Package
An Engineering Manager is required with a solid background within Product Development for complex avionics systems. Candidates with experience of working in the Aerospace / Aviation sectors would be well received.
Due to this company’s continued success, a leading manufacturer of complex aviation safety systems based in the Devon (Torrington) area requires a proactive and dynamic Engineering Manager for a new permanent role where experience of EASA regulations are paramount.
The role requires the incumbent to drive the business forward as they look to increase their product range supporting a number of the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers.
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Line management and resource management of the Engineering Product Development Team.
- Management and implementation of the Company’s Design & Development process to ensure high quality product development outcomes.
- Identification and management of technical risk throughout the product design and development lifecycle.
- Ensure that the Engineering Team operates fully within all applicable quality and regulatory frameworks (ISO 9001 / AS9100D / EASA pt. 21 J DOA).
- Ensure that our products comply fully with all relevant and applicable regulatory and quality approvals (CE Marking, EMC Requirements, Environmental Requirements, RoHS, REACH, etc.).
- Management of engineering resources, processes, tools and development environments to achieve optimum productivity within the Engineering Department.
- Contribute towards the generation of Project Delivery Plans in conjunction with the Project Office and Systems Engineering Teams.
- Identify suitable training and CPD for the Engineering Team, ensuring that the team remains abreast of the latest applicable technologies and working methodologies.
- Ensure that the Engineering Team is well-positioned for productive and sustainable growth in order to satisfy the long-term objectives of the business.
The Engineering Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Proven Line Manager with demonstratable team leadership experience.
- Active practitioner in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Avionics / Instrumentation Systems Design, or an appropriate related discipline.
- Experience of an environment operating within EASA pt.21 J (DOA) / G (POA) or pt.145 (MOA).
- Experience in an environment developing safety-related software and hardware solutions to applicable requirements RTCA/DO-178, RTCA/DO-254 or IEC 61508 (SIL).
- Experience in operating within a multi-discipline engineering environment.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibilities for engineering product development lifecycle control, encompassing all applicable regulatory and quality requirements.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Product Development within complex aviation avionics systems and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engineering Manager role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.