Competitive Salary and Package
Product Development Engineering Manager
Aerospace – Permanent – Devon
A Product Development Engineering Manager is required with a solid background within Product Development and Engineering on complex avionics systems to lead the product development teams within the Engineering Department of this aerospace and aviation sector company in Devon.
As a leading manufacturer of complex aviation safety systems, they require a proactive and dynamic Product Development Engineering Manager for this new permanent role where the candidate will need to have direct experience in the qualification of avionic systems to aerospace requirements and be familiar with the requirements of EASA pt. 21 J, pt. 21 G or pt. 145.
Having a strong engineering background and being able to show demonstratable experience in the development of high integrity systems within an aerospace or other highly regulated industry sector, we are looking for someone who is comfortable with direct customer engagement and can work in close co-operation with the Product Development, Systems Engineering, Project Management, Customer Support and Sales Teams.
As the Product Development Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Line management and resource management of the Engineering Product Development Team.
- Management and implementation of the Company’s Design & Development process to ensure high quality product development outcomes.
- Identification and management of technical risk throughout the product design and development lifecycle.
- Ensure that the Engineering Team operates fully within all applicable quality and regulatory frameworks (ISO 9001 / AS9100D / EASA pt. 21 J DOA).
- Ensure that our products comply fully with all relevant and applicable regulatory and quality approvals (CE Marking, EMC Requirements, Environmental Requirements, RoHS, REACH, etc.).
- Management of engineering resources, processes, tools and development environments to achieve optimum productivity within the Engineering Department.
- Contribute towards the generation of Project Delivery Plans in conjunction with the Project Office and Systems Engineering Teams.
- Identify suitable training and CPD for the Engineering Team, ensuring that the team remains abreast of the latest applicable technologies and working methodologies.
- Ensure that the Engineering Team is well-positioned for productive and sustainable growth to satisfy the long-term objectives of the business.
The Product Development Engineering Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Proven Line Manager with demonstratable team leadership experience.
- Active practitioner in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Avionics / Instrumentation Systems Design, or an appropriate related discipline.
- Experience of an environment operating within EASA pt.21 J (DOA) / G (POA) or pt.145 (MOA).
- Experience in an environment developing safety-related software and hardware solutions to applicable requirements RTCA/DO-178, RTCA/DO-254 or IEC 61508 (SIL).
- Experience in operating within a multi-discipline engineering environment.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibilities for engineering product development lifecycle control, encompassing all applicable regulatory and quality requirements.
As a motivated individual and with a focus on quality and delivery, this role requires a professional approach as well as being able to communicate easily at all levels, internally and externally to the business.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.