Electrical Propulsion Systems / Electrical Systems / Rotating Parts
The purpose of this role will be to provide specialist manufacturing engineering knowledge for industrialisation focussed, individual and collaborative programmes, in electrical machines and drive systems. You will work with high-profile and international industry partners, within Driving the Electric Revolution – Nottingham Drives Specialist Services (NDSS)
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Taking products and systems from their initial concept stage through all development phases and onto prototype build for electric machine and drive manufacturing to deliver successful project outcomes, on a wide variety of high-profile cross-sector projects.
- The manufacturing of electric machine rotor, stator, shafts, housing, coolant sleeves and associated power electronic and transmission packaging.
- Tolerance and interference fits. Electric machine assembly. Machining.
- Working with magnetised parts. Design of fixtures. Programming of equipment.
The Manufacturing Engineer will have:
- A broad and deep knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes applied to complex manufacturing assemblies and operations which can be applied to the production of electrical machines and drives development.
- High-level analytical capability to facilitate conceptual thinking, innovation, and creativity. Including the ability to devise, advise on and manage complex programmes.
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary research teams and projects including in the planning, tasking, resource management, liaison with partners and dissemination of researcher results.
- Excellent organisational skills being able to work well with a diverse cross functional team.
Applications will be welcomed from Graduate and Senior Manufacturing Engineers with experience of taking conceptual ideas supporting initial research stages through to production, within complex systems and parts that can be associated to electric machine and drive development, predominately for the automotive, aerospace, motorsport, EV and/or innovation arena.
Interested applicants should contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 to discuss further or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included