£50k per year
3 months ago
Role: Controls Engineer
Salary: £50’000 plus
Location: Stoke On Trent, Staffordshire
The company: With around 20 years’ experience, they have grown rapidly to become Europe’s leading independent supplier in their field.
Experience in some of the below required:
- PLC/HMI/VSD: TIA Portal (S7 1200/Comfort/G120)
- Control Networks: ProfiNET, RS-485, RS-232, IO-Link
- Write PLC and HMI code object-oriented, documented and easy to maintain.
- Familiar with the IEC 61131-3 (LD, FB, ST and SFC)
- Software validation & simulation.
- Creation of Software Design Specifications (SDS)
- Creation of Functional Design Specifications (FDS)
- Setup and commissioning of drives and associated systems & software interfaces
- Write PLC and HMI code from scratch for manual & automatic machines.
- Circuit design & specifications & the creation of BOM's
- Project administration planning skills.
- Will at times be required to work outside of their normal working hours
- 18th Edition Wiring or equivalent
- Be able to produce Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and accompanying testing documentation
- Approval of wiring diagrams / control panels
- Report to the Engineering Manager
Also, some of the below will be highly beneficial.
- Experience in electrical systems design with AutoCAD, report and specification writing.
- Experience with Siemens, Omron and Allen Bradley PLC systems and large inverter drives is preferred.
- Knowledge of risk assessment for machinery controls and their safety systems.
- Office 365 literate.
- Health and Safety qualification is desirable
- Full UK driving licence
More information available upon request
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.