Controls Software Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems – Nottingham - £ Competitive
The purpose of this role will be to provide specialist control software knowledge for industrialisation focussed, individual and collaborative programmes, in the area of electrical machines and drive systems. You will work with high-profile and international industry partners, within Driving the Electric Revolution – Nottingham Drives Specialist Services (NDSS). This is an excellent opportunity to work on the specification, design, development and calibration of control systems for advanced cross-sector technology projects.
As Controls Software Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems – you will:
- Apply your industry knowledge of control software design to deliver successful project outcomes, working with a wide variety of high-profile project partners.
- Provide effective control engineering solutions to engineering challenges, implementing model-based design techniques.
- Take responsibility for delivery of key software components, including algorithm modelling (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow)
- Produce high quality documentation and communicate effectively to stake-holders.
As Controls Software Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems - you will have:
- A broad and deep knowledge of controls software design applied to electrical drives, electrification and hybrid systems.
- High-level analytical capability to facilitate conceptual thinking, innovation and creativity.
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary research teams and projects. Including in the planning, tasking, resource management, partner liaison and dissemination of your results.
- Organisational ability, being able to work well with a diverse cross functional team.
- A proven track record of developing, applying and delivering novel control modelling R&D.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included