Power Electronics Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems – Nottingham - £ Competitive
The purpose of this role will be to provide specialist power electronics knowledge for industrialisation focussed, individual and collaborative programmes, in the area of electrical machines and drive systems. You will work with high-profile and international industry partners, within Driving the Electric Revolution – Nottingham Drives Specialist Services (NDSS)
As Power Electronics Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems – you will:
- Apply your industry knowledge of power electronic design to deliver successful project outcomes, on a wide variety of high-profile cross-sector projects.
- Use your experience of inverter, DC/DC, and AC/DC converter design in a wide range of propulsion systems, including designing for high power density and use within challenging environments.
- Specification and requirements capture. Analogue and digital design. Schematics and circuit design. PCB Layout. Power module selection.
- Modulation strategies and motor control. Knowledge of FMEA, Position Sensors.
- Use industry software modelling and development tools.
- Have excellent practical skills, being hands on, and able to implement safe working practices.
As Power Electronics Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems - you will have:
- A broad and deep knowledge of power electronic design applied to electrical drives, electrification and hybrid systems.
- High-level analytical capability to facilitate conceptual thinking, innovation and creativity. Including the ability to devise, advise on and manage complex programmes.
- Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary research teams and projects including in the planning, tasking, resource management, liaison with partners and dissemination of researcher results.
- Organisational ability, being able to work well with a diverse cross functional team.
- A proven track record of developing, applying and delivering experimental and modelling research methodologies and techniques.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included