- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Logistics
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61945
Logistics & Supply Chain Solution Design Manager
£49,300 - £62,000 depending on experience
27 days annual leave + bank holidays, 12% Bonus, Private Medical Cover, Share Scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme
Desford, Leicestershire - hybrid remote working also considered
As a Logistics & Supply Chain Solution Design Manager, you will have the opportunity to transform the current and future business. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of logistics processes, machinery & equipment, storage concepts, material flow and creative solutions for site logistics.
You will be part of the Supply Chain group and will be responsible for developing teams to create innovative solutions for current and future processes, optimising safety and efficiency whilst creating or improving processes to maintain high levels of inventory control.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for team that is performing work to achieve supply chain performance targets focused on inventory control, inventory flow and improved order-to-delivery results.
- Coordinates and manages projects e.g., warehouse storage design, space utilisation, kitting or lean methodology including replenishment methods.
- Coordinates and manages team to support daily logistical operational requirements.
- Determines appropriate equipment and staffing levels to manage movement of materials at the facility.
- Responsible for developing and managing department budget and capital expenditure.
- Coordinates teams to develop logistics metrics, utilising analytical tools to improve efficiency and monitor performance.
- Conduct logistical studies to identify cost reduction or process improvement opportunities.
- Manage 3rd party storage solutions including material flow & transport to meet production requirements.
- Take a facility-wide view of supply chain planning processes and tools, in order to coordinate the efforts of multiple teams across functions and divisions.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships, collaborating and negotiating to achieve facility objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the business.
- Being able to develop teams, building mutual trust, respect and cooperation amongst team members.
- Must have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to creatively solve very complex problems.
- Experience of managing, designing & implementing warehouse storage solutions, logistics processes, including metrics, material flow and control.
- Progressive experience within supply chain and/or logistics roles.
- College or university degree related to Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of SAP implementation and management.
For further information, please send your interest and CV to James Tilley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.