A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive which records your navigation of a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system. If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your own browser settings.
- to track your use of our website. This enables us to understand how you use the site and track any patterns that emerge individually or from larger groups. This helps us to develop and improve our website and services in response to what our visitors want and need; and
- to help us advertise jobs to you that we think you'll be interested in. Hopefully this means less time for you trawling through endless pages and will get you into the employment you want more quickly
- Cookies can be either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your active web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
- Cookies are also categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when applying for a job, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website e.g. counting visits, identifying traffic sources and seeing which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. These cookies can, for example, be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog.
To add a scroll animation, add the form to the editable box below and the url for the link have to be: "#form-2-section"