£50k - 55k per year + 20% bonus
2 months ago
Production Manager - Watford - £50k to £55k + 20% bonus
An experienced Production Manager is required to join a leading technology company based in Watford. Specliasing in the manufacture of innovative electronic products.
The successful candidate is expected to adopt a hands-on approach and will be primarily responsible for the coordinating of day-to-day activities within the Production department to ensure timely delivery of finished products. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join an expanding company with a view to delivering class leading optical fibre sensing products to customers across the world.
Key responsibilities for the Production Manager:
- Planning production schedule based on demand forecast from business units.
- Assessing and planning of resource requirements; Identifying potential bottlenecks and formulating mitigation plans.
- Managing production schedule and ensuring timely delivery of product to meet sales demand.
- Managing of stock and purchasing activities.
- Establishing and maintaining product quality control processes.
- Coordinating with product engineering team on the release of build and test procedures for use by production department.
As the Production Manager you will require the following skills and experiences:
- We are looking for a dedicated individual with a background in manufacturing of complex electronic or optical instrument.
- The candidate must possess excellent communication and organisation skills with a keen eye for attention to details.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related engineering or science field.
- Proven ability in leading and managing a team (at least 5-10 members).
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in production leadership role.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of material resource planning (MRP) system.
- Capable of multitasking with proven teamworking and interpersonal skills.
- IT Literate - Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Words.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are interested in the Production Manager opportunity please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Oliver Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446104 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.