£70k - 80k per year
about 2 months ago
Head of Manufacturing
Negotiable plus 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Bonuses, Pension and Health Scheme
An exciting opportunity to join a growing food manufacturing business to lead the develop the manufacturing department. As the Head of Manufacturing, you will be accountable for production, engineering, facilities, and hygiene operations. You will have experience of working within food manufacturing with strong experience leading manufacturing departments.
As the Head of Manufacturing your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Reporting into the Operations Director, you will manage the production, engineering, facilities, and hygiene operations.
- Managing budgets and associate costs across manufacturing as per forecast and seek opportunities to reduce costs and minimise waste.
- Being a member of the operation leadership team, driving and promoting core values of the business.
- Working with the Head of Technical to ensure the food safety management system is implemented, monitored, and controlled.
- Manage the Production resources of the Company to maximise the return on investment made in machinery, materials, and people.
- Ensure that the production plan is achieved and communicate any issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain and develop a manufacturing environment which systematically identifies and eliminates the waste of materials, effort, and time.
- Develop cross functional working & relationships and bring innovative ways of working to enhance continuous improvements.
- Ensure Hygiene operations are maintained to an acceptable standard and deliver an environment which reflects Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Comply with all current legislation in the operation and instigate and promote good manufacturing practice.
- Manage production staff in a manner which complies with current legislation, company processes and procedures.
- Lead and performance manage the team members, ensuring that 121's, performance reviews and relevant training/development activities are undertaken for both direct and indirect reports.
An exciting opportunity for a Head of Manufacturing with the following.
- Degree qualified, management qualification and NEBOSH qualified.
- Strong understanding of continuous improvement knowledge with a Six Sigma or Green belt.
- Significant experience of managing a food production area, covering key areas such as planning, food safety, health and safety, resourcing, machinery, maintenance.
- Clear experience of cost control monitoring systems and the use of KPIs.
- Excellent communication and time keeping skills.
- Full UK Driving license.
If you have the right experience for the Head of Manufacturing role and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947343990.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.