Electrical Propulsion Systems
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
The purpose of this role will be to provide specialist electro-mechanical knowledge for industrialisation focussed, individual and collaborative programmes, in the area of electrical machines and drive systems. You will work with high-profile and international industry partners, within Driving the Electric Revolution – Nottingham Drives Specialist Services (NDSS)
As Electro-mechanical Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems – you will
- Apply your industry knowledge of electro-mechanical design to deliver successful project outcomes, on a wide variety of high-profile cross-sector projects.
- Produce drawings and apply GD&T related to machines and drives.
- Mechanical analysis, CAE, CFD, Stress analysis. Thermal analysis.
- Utilise your experience in a range of relevant components and manufacturing techniques.
- Your knowledge will likely include electric machine assembly, laminations, additive manufacturing, tooling, coolant sleeves, shafts and rotor dynamics, sensors, housings.
As Electro-mechanical Engineer – Electrical Propulsion Systems - you will have
- A broad and deep knowledge of electro-mechanical design applied to electrical machines and drives.
- High-level analytical capability to facilitate conceptual thinking, innovation and creativity. Including the ability to devise, advise on and manage complex programmes.
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary research teams and projects including in the planning, tasking, resource management, liaison with partners and dissemination of researcher results.
- Organisational skills, being able to work well with a diverse cross functional team.
- A proven track record of developing, applying and delivering experimental and modelling research methodologies and techniques.
- Applications are also welcomed for technicians and engineers with relevant transferable experience to support the departmental objectives.
You'll receive an excellent salary and benefits package for your knowledge, expertise and flexibility.
To apply for this Electro-Mechanical Engineer job in Nottingham, please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
In order for your CV to be processed effectively, please ensure your name, email address, phone number and location (post code OR town OR county, as a minimum) are included