Salary based on experience
This organisation is a well-established, global company that specialises in trailer and HGV rental and service. Due to expansion, they have asked us to recruit an excellent HGV Technician
You will be expected to maintain and repair to a measured quality standard, specialist HGV equipment of the rental fleet and customers own equipment. The workshop you will be working in, is brand new and has state of the art equipment and testing facilities.
The business encourages an environment where the importance of team spirit is valued highly, where safety of staff is of primary importance and where you are encouraged to enhance your skills set.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- To service, repair & maintain tankers to a high standard within the company guidelines and to conform to all current mandatory & EHS legislation.
- To highlight to the branch or workshop manager, any tankers which do not comply with company specifications and/or current legislation.
- To ensure all service documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- To report up at an early stage to the branch or workshop manager all problems or defects relating to the tankers which could suggest a manufacturing issue with any of the components.
- To project a high customer service & corporate image always.
Qualifications / Requirements
Ideally a "Time Served" HGV Technician or Engineer or you could come from a Plant or FLT environment where you have extensive engineering knowledge. You will possess City & Guilds 1,2 & 3 Certificates or equivalent qualifications & experience and have a technical background /experience in HGV, Plant or FLT repair and maintenance.
- Previous mobile working experience would be an advantage
- Full UK Driving license.
- High level of enthusiasm & good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Computers.
- Have a customer centric mindset and high level of professionalism
- Good organisational skills and ability to be able to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Initiative to work autonomously if required
This is a permanent role, on days normal working hours are 8am - 6pm with 1 hour for lunch.