Workshop Team Leader - Prototype Build
A Workshop Team Leader is required to manage the Prototype Build Facility, projects and the Workshop Team. Candidates with experience of delivering customer prototype build projects, ideally within the automotive industry, would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a global product development and engineering specialist, based in their newly acquired facility in Southend, requires a proactive Workshop Team Leader to take full responsibility for project delivery for all prototype build and procurement biased projects assigned, ensuring projects are delivered and exceed customer expectations. As a Workshop Team Leader you will be required to:
- Report technical and commercial status to the customer and the senior management team including key agreed metrics
- Develop and maintain customers including the procurement and documentation of all necessary data, supporting from initial sales enquiry start through to project completion
- Report resource utilisation to the Engineering Manager, forecasting and balancing resources needs as required
- Support project reviews and report the Engineering Dashboards, deliverables, project financial performance and invoicing
- Support business development process with customer visits, proposal generation and adherence to feasibility / approval process
The Workshop Team Leader should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally HNC qualified in an engineering subject, or equivalent
- Experience of delivering Prototype Build projects, ideally automotive
- Proven ability to prioritise and complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision, often working in a pressured environment
- Excellent communications and customer care skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with prototype build facility management experience within an automotive product development environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Southend based product development company will offer you:
The role will require occasional travel to Engineering Offices, both in Essex and the Midlands. Some out of office hours may be required to ensure customers' requirements. Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Workshop Team Leader and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Workshop Team Leader role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.