£25k - 30k per year
£25,000 to £30,000 plus Benefits
An engineering manufacturing company are looking for a Workshop Supervisor. You will support the Workshop Manager and progress into the managers role within twelve months. You will have a strong mechanical engineering background with an understanding of hydraulics, gearboxes, and bearings. You will have experience supporting the management of a workshop.
As a Workshop Supervisor your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Planning and allocation of workshop manpower and resources.
- Maintaining high health & safety standards across the Workshop.
- Crosschecking timesheets against clock cards on a weekly basis and authorising employee’s holidays, ensuring all departments are always staffed.
- Ensure the production schedule is followed as closely as possible with foremen’s input.
- Allocate available labour to assemble/test/disassemble as per individual modules and to drawing office instructions.
- Solve problems that occur during the assembly stage and involve production or drawing office for input/modifications.
An exciting opportunity for a Workshop Supervisor with the following.
- Apprentice trained/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering qualifications.
- Experience of running and planning workloads and allocation of labour.
- Understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, gearboxes, and bearings. Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Confident in leading a workshop and dealing with staffing issues.
- Excellent communication and time keeping skills.
- Full UK Driving license.
If you are a Workshop Supervisor with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947343990.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.