Wiring Harness Tools Development Engineer
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
A Wiring Harness Tools Development Engineer is required with knowledge of software development.
Due to continued growth this company, based in Cranfield requires a Wiring Harness Tools Development Engineer with strong project management skills for a new contract role.
As a Wiring Harness Tools Development Engineer you will be required to carry out the following:
- Liaising with harness design engineers to understand the limitations of current tools and processes
- Creating specifications and business requirements for improvements or new tools
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement and test new tools
- Create a long term tools strategy in line with our global organisation
- Status reporting to management
The Wiring Harness Tools Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of software development for business tools
- Technical process documentation
- Ability to understand and interpret big data sets
- Understanding of how OEMs design and release parts within a BOM system to meet vehicle requirements
- Understand the complexity of vehicle electrical systems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
- High proficiency with MS Office tools, in particular Excel
- Self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
Additionally the following may be an advantage:
- Having harness development experience within an OEM
- Experience with creating optimisation algorithms
- Software programming: Java, MATLAB, VBA
If you have any questions about the role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259