Electromechanical Fitter - Rotating Equipment - Electric Motors
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 p.a + Overtime and excellent benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Electromechanical Fitter to work at our client’s site in Birmingham involved in all aspects of repair & rewinds of Motors & Generators.
The preferred candidate will have knowledge of the repair and rewind of electrical motors & generators or similar equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspections of large high voltage motor and generators
- Test rewound and repaired electro-mechanical equipment according to International Standards and document test results, - (High voltage testing an advantage)
- Operate specialised repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core loss testers, cut off saws, burnout, brazing units, VPI systems and various handheld power and non-power tools.
- Ensuring all work meets the appropriate standards and quality control criteria as set out by the company.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy
- A flexible approach to overtime and working patterns including night, day and weekend shifts is a requirement.
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate will preferably have extensive experience installing and repairing electrical motors and generators.
- Ability to reverse engineer and take accurate measurements.
- Ability to operate large industrial equipment such as cranes.
- Experience of motors and generator refurbishment / repair 2 – 12 MW at Birmingham and 30+ MW on site
- Site working experience preferred but not essential
- High voltage testing would be an advantage
- Formal apprenticeship in electrical/mechanical engineering is preferred
If you are interested in this excellent permanent opportunity please click on the link to apply. Alternatively you can email your CV direct to Oliver.Smith@jonlee.co.uk or call 01384 446104.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.