Salary: £Negotiable Dependent on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Winder to work at our client’s site in Birmingham involved in all aspects of repair & rewinds of Motors & Generators.
The preferred candidate will have knowledge of the repair and rewind of electrical motors & generators or similar equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working supervised and in some instances unsupervised here at the Birmingham service centre and at customers sites (International and Local) also supporting other UK based service centres.
- As found inspections of large high voltage motor and generators reporting on the condition of electrical and mechanical components including stators, rotors and exciters etc - documenting findings and reporting back to supervision with possible repair and recovery options.
- Detailing the core and coils, documenting the information that will be used for coil and winding kit ordering.
- Stator core refurbishment in the form of burn out and removal of old coils, Flux testing of the core / Clean and prepare for rewind.
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions.
- Rewind of stator core using diamond resin rich formed coils utilising industry standard coil insertion / blocking / wedging and connection techniques.
- Painting and Application of Protective Coatings and resin (spray)(air)(VPI)
- Test rewound and repaired electro-mechanical equipment according to International Standards and document test results, - (High voltage testing an advantage)
- Operate specialised repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core loss testers, cut off saws, burnout, brazing units, VPI systems and various handheld power and non-power tools.
- Ensuring all work meets the appropriate standards and quality control criteria as set out by the company.
- always Ensure adherence to Health and Safety responsibilities, including following all appropriate procedures and using the appropriate protective equipment.
- Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and assessed in accordance with processes / procedures and ensure compliance to control measures identified in the company’s EHS documentation.
- Be familiar with environmental aspects of activities undertaken in the role and the procedures underpinning.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy in accordance with company. initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience.
- A flexible approach to overtime and working patterns including night, day and weekend shifts is a requirement.
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate will preferably have extensive experience installing and repairing electrical motors and generators.
- Ability to reverse engineer and take accurate measurements.
- Ability to operate large industrial equipment such as cranes.
- Experience of motors and generator refurbishment / repair 2 – 12 MW at Birmingham and 30+ MW on site
- Site working experience preferred but not essential
- High voltage testing would be an advantage
- Formal apprenticeship in electrical/mechanical engineering is preferred
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.