Sutton in Ashfield
Fitter/Winder - Electro-mechanical components.
Permanent position - Nottingham
Salary negotiable + benefits.
We have an interesting opportunity for a Fitter/Winder to work for a service centre based in Nottingham.
As the Fitter/Winder you will be required to:
- Dis-assembly of equipment and reporting on the condition of electrical and mechanical components of the equipment.
- Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical and mechanical malfunctions.
- Test conditions of windings according to International Standards.
- Document all relevant data concerning the electrical and mechanical components of the equipment and recommend repair requirements.
- Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
- Prepare all reusable parts for re-assembly and/or rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions.
- Cleaning, painting and application of protective coatings to re-usable and new parts.
- Repair and rewind various types of electro-magnetic equipment, including but not limited to; single phase and three phase motors & generators, DC fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers.
- Observe proper insulating techniques and requirements during winding projects.
- Test rewound and repaired electro-mechanical equipment according to international standards and document test results, under the supervision of the Workshop Supervisor.
- Operate specialised repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core loss testers, cut off saws, burnout brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools. Supervision and training will be provided as required.
- Ensuring all work meets the appropriate standards and quality control criteria as set out by the company.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety responsibilities at all times, including following all appropriate procedures and using the appropriate protective equipment.
- Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and assessed in accordance with processes, procedure and measures in place to mitigate risk.
- Be familiar with environmental aspects of activities undertaken in the role and the procedures underpinning.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy.
Skills or experience required:
- The preferred candidate will have an advanced knowledge of the repair and rewind of electrical motors & generators or similar equipment.
- Formal apprenticeship in electrical/mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Preferably have extensive experience installing and repairing electrical motors
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Fitter or Winder and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.