Wind Tunnel Technician - Bedford - Permanent - £25-£28k DOE & benefits
I am seeking a Wind Tunnel Technician for an independent research and development organisation who are experienced in providing a range of specialist services to the worldwide aerospace industry including aerodynamic design, CFD, wind tunnel model design and wind tunnel test.
The Wind Tunnel Technician will operate and develop the aerodynamic test facilities working in a team environment. Operation may include equipment calibration, the set-up of specialised measurement/monitoring equipment, model assembly for test, troubleshooting, making and implementing agreed recommendations for improvement and test execution.
What You Will Do:
- Undertaking general departmental duties e.g. record maintenance, model storage, organisation of equipment, rig maintenance, etc
- Working within a team environment in the preparation and assembly of models and rigs for testing
- Maintenance, calibration and quality control of specialist rigs, facilities and associated equipment
- Preparation and installation of specialist optical measurement systems in test facilities
- Operating the main Transonic Wind Tunnel & complementary test facilities
- Operation and development of aerodynamic test facilities, rigs and equipment
What You Will Need:
- A minimum HNC in Engineering and ideally some practical experience of wind tunnel or similar testing.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and data acquisition is advantageous
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work on a shift pattern if/when required
What You Will Get:
As Wind Tunnel Technician
- Employment with this centre of excellence in aerospace engineering, design, test and development
- Competitive salary & benefits & overtime & shift premium
- Working on many prestigious projects for the world's major civil aircraft and defence system manufacturers
Suitably qualified and experienced Wind Tunnel Technicians should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.