Title: Wheel Development Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £22.50 per hour
This role is for a Wheel Development Engineer in the Chassis D7 Wheels & Tyres team to support the delivery of the tyre to programs. A high level of project management of suppliers will be required, managing development through to production release of a signed off tyre.
An understanding of Alloy or Steel wheel design & development is important, however a candidate with good knowledge of the JLR processes and experience in a similar components would be suitable for the role
- Proficient in the component releasing process, with a good understanding of the project management and creating timing plans.
- Lead the day to day issues resolution with engineers and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
- Good MS-Office skills
- Wheel industry knowledge /experience of a wheel manufacturer or wheel development at an OEM
- Ability to deliver with minimum supervision
- Understanding of JLR processes, WERS, APQP, DFMEA, RMDV, PSW
- A good working knowledge of product creation and delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
The primary location for the role will be Jaguar Land Rover Gaydon. Relevant training can be provided as necessary.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Wheel Development Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.