Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Manufacturing Welding Specialist
We are recruiting for a Tier 1 Automotive company who are seeking a Manufacturing Weld Specialist to lead the welding process, factory improvements, engineering planning and continuous improvements. The company produces welded and assembled parts for the automotive industry on a high volume basis.
As Manufacturing Engineer Welding Specialist you will have:-
- Process Knowledge / Experience of Friction Welding and MIAB
- Basic Knowledge and experience of Metallurgy, including sample preparations, Weldable steels, and laboratory assessment methods.
- Understanding of Welding process quality, Non-destructive quality checks, visual control methods, part performance vs welding, Failure Modes etc.
- Knowledge of welding process monitoring systems and using the data to identify route causes or failures in the process.
- Weld Process Audits and Gap Analysis.
- Industrialising activities and technical documentation relating to special processes including stage drawings set up instructions, parameter settings and control.
- Manage assigned projects independently with the ability to motivate employees.
- Manage history of concerns and manage plant welding data and concerns and countermeasures.
- Provide and document welding related training to shop floor employees.
- Leading the plant KPI, developing and monitoring these action plans fixed, continuous improvement plans, concerns, or Yokoten from other plant issues.
The ideal candidate will have experience in welding operations and manufacturing and have a degree or equivalent experience. Interested applicants should apply to this advert or call Katharine Bignell for more information.