Automotive Weights Engineer
£20.84 Ltd Co
A Weights Engineer is required with knowledge of commercial vehicles.
This company based in Basildon requires a Weights Engineer with experience within an automotive manufacturing environment for a new contract role. As a Weights Engineer your key responsibilities are to:
- Understand key program content changes and their associated weight impact across the vehicle line-up
- Define Program Weight Targets based on those changes across all vehicle loading conditions
- Work closely with Subsystem engineers to define enablers to meet those targets, which does require a good understanding of industry utilization / trends of weight saving technologies
- Regularly report of status-to-target at various milestones to the PD Europe Vehicle Program Teams
- Homologate weight data to the authorities
- Program target setting (through teardown & benchmarking) and down cascading of system targets like payload and trailer towing load.
- Program Status Reporting at milestones, presentation of status assessments consented with section supervisor and program management. Weight status is based on input from component PMT's / chunk teams and is continuously measured vs. weight targets.
- Maintain weight database for use by the crash, fuel economy, emissions, braking, dynamics and durability attribute development groups
The Weights Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Understanding of Mass Properties
- Expose to the manufacturing environment
- Good communication skills, Analytical approach
- Team worker
- Knowledge in Ms-Office (MS-Excel, PowerPoint)
- Engineering Degree or equivalent (Recent graduates will be considered)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of automotive environments to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based automotive company will offer you:
- £20.84 Ltd Co
If you have any questions about the Weights Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262.