Weights Engineer opportunity working for a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft.
- To ensure current designs are interrogated for total mass properties according to project schedule.
- Fully support the engineering team to implement weight optimisation processes.
- To maintain project weight tracking document to schedule.
- Ensure mass calculation tools are robust and its use is enforced.
- Continuously improve mass properties tools and methodologies.
- Understand and enforce set of CAD model/product structure criteria to ensure weights are accurate.
- Review checklists and Detailed Design Specifications
- Provide technical support and KPI's to support the business unit.
Key skills and experiences:
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in an Engineering field, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good 3D Catia V5 background but further training will be provided if required.
- A good understanding of Smarteam structure and procedures.
- Good mechanical engineering skills ideally from an Aerospace background, but from any field with transferable skills - mechanism design, machined parts, composite structures, vacuum formed plastics etc.
- Good oral and written communication - must be a competent user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Good mathematical/numerical skills to generate cost and weight data KPI's.
- Self motivated and capable of independent decision making and managing time to meet project schedule.
- A proven track record of effective design and on time/cost delivery of projects.
This is a permanent position offering an annual salary up to £36,000 based in Cwmbran.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.