Job Title - Voice / IP Telephony Systems Analyst
Start date - October 2019
Contract length - Temporary 12 months
Location - Peterborough or Desford
Job Description Summary:
The Voice Analyst will have primary accountability for Voice / IP Telephony (IPT) systems support (level III). Support must be completed adhering to all processes and procedures and all documentation requirements. This role requires a very high degree of competency and experience with network and telecommunication voice systems in a large enterprise environment.
Timely resolution of IPT related issues while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction; maintenance, monitoring and support of all IPT and voice system infrastructure; IPT System administration; provide after-hours on-call support on a rotating schedule; perform system updates and upgrades during non-business hours (weekends). Candidate must be able to work on-site.
- Install, configure, and support software and tools within the technical infrastructure of the organization.
- Responsible for monitoring the network to ensure availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance and issue resolution.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary on/off-shift and during weekends.
- Configure, monitor and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other team members.
- Work with vendors on integration of purchased application solutions.
- Significant technical experience in voice / IPT implementations
- Cisco certification either Cisco Certified Network Professional Collaboration / Voice or Certified Internetwork Expert Collaboration / Voice or similar
Technical Experience will ideally include:
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) and Unity Connection & Presence
- Experience with working with Technical Assistance Center (TAC) includes opening cases, following-up on cases and following TAC directions
- Deep expertise with IP telephony, call routing, voice configuration on routers and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking, configuring as well as troubleshooting Voice Gateway specifically VG224
- Experience with ISDN and SIP trunking connectivity between Session Border Controllers (SBC)s or routers to carriers
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to deliver results, meet commitments and agreed deadlines
- Experience with SBCs Oracle or Audiocodes
- Experience with unified computing system ( UCS), VMWare configuring, building and maintaining multiple Call Manager clusters
- Experience with traditional analog voice PBX (private branch exchange) and IP PBX systems
- Experience with instant messaging ( IM) and Presence, Jabber
- Quality of Service (QOS) configuration knowledge
- Experience with Voice configuration on switches
- Experience with Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise
- Telepresence experience
- Perl, PHP, Java, API coding languages/scripts
- Bachelor/Associates degree in a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Teams communication platform
Soft Skills Required:
- Effective communicator: The ability to document procedures, communicate issues, transfer knowledge
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
- Ability to work across cultural boundaries globally
- Team player requiring minimal supervision, with ability to draw on the expertise and knowledge of the team to deliver the best solutions
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong customer focus
If you are interested in this position and have the required experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.