- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 07 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60027
Title: VME Lead Process Simulation Engineer
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon, with travel to other sites
Rate: up to £31.07/hr Ltd (c. £24/hr PAYE option)
The Virtual Manufacturing team is a core function within ME. It is responsible for analysing product and process design & feasibility through the use of virtual manufacturing toolsets and methods, supporting the optimisation of the process, tooling and facility from concept through to delivery.
The Virtual Manufacturing model develops alongside process planning and product development, in-line with PCDS timing, resulting in a complete working 3D production facility, prior to installation and launch. Working in collaboration with ME Process, Facilities, Dimensional Control, Simultaneous Engineering partners and Product Engineering, using best in class tools and processes to drive a right first time process and facility. This activity supports manufacturing targets for cost, quality, safety, Bill of Process compliance, equipment utilisation, maintenance and re-use Lead VME Engineer Lead virtual manufacturing activities.
Responsible for the planning, co-ordination and implementation of process simulation in support of new and/or modified processes driven by new and/or model year vehicle programs into new and/or existing manufacturing facilities.
The role encompasses a responsibility for improving methods and toolsets, maintaining Standards, overseeing data management, deployment of new software and working principles and resource management.
The successful candidate will be part of a team with responsibility for:
- Analysis of new product concepts and processes.
- Recording and creating models of current facilities ahead of new model actions.
- Developing and maintaining libraries of tooling and equipment.
- Ensure that all data delivered (both product and tooling) is robust, meets expectations and is properly managed.
- Manage the creation of Simulation models of all processes increasing in detail though the virtual series and into the Industrialisation phases (Tooling Design, Installation and Commissioning) of a programme.
- Support the optimisation of automated and manual facilities to meet safe operating requirements ensuring man-machine interfaces are properly developed
- Drives resolution of issues feeding feasibility status into process chain
- Maintain records of equipment (e.g. Robot/Assistor specifications)
- Create close working relationships with Process Engineering, Joining Engineering, Product Development, Layout and Facilities and Controls and Standards.
- Manages suppliers virtual inputs to drive them to meet their deliverable targets
- Apply JLR Ergonomic standards, ensuring safe working practices
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable use of Process Simulation toolsets
- Proven manufacturing Engineering processes and joining technologies
- Proven knowledge Tooling and fixture design
- Demonstrable Coordination of multifunctional teams, Engineering, Manufacturing, Suppliers
- Demonstrable Understanding of Ergonomics and Robotics
- Demonstrable Project management
- Proven Team leadership
- Demonstrable comprehensive MS office
- Automotive Robotic and Manual Process Simulation
- Manufacturing Engineering Processes.
- Coordination of multifunctional teams, Engineering, Manufacturing, Suppliers
- Understanding of Ergonomics and Robotics
- Project management
- Team leadership
- Comprehensive MS office
- Financial Planning and business acumen
- Tooling and fixture design.
- Joining technologies
- Team Centre engineering, ENOVIA
- Virtual Commissioning
- Virtual PLC
- Robot programming
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.