The VPE (Virtual Prototypes and Environments) team within the Virtual Engineering Hub is responsible for providing SIMPACK and CarMaker Master Models to the business to support virtual engineering of all vehicle programmes.
This includes the collation of data to parameterise full vehicle models for performance assessment, design development and calibration providing the business with a single source of consistent models.
As a VPE analyst, the successful candidate will be responsible for collation of consistent data from key supporting departments to deliver Quality Assured models at key vehicle programme milestones, as well as supporting the development of automation tools to improve the quality and efficiency of the build and QA processes to support the ever growing number of vehicle programmes and variants for which models are required.
- High levels of personal organisation and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Confident to communicate across all levels
- Good team player and self-motivated
- SIMPACK knowledge or similar MBS (Multi-Body System) software
- Knowledge of the IPG CarMaker simulation software
- Experience using Matlab / Simulink simulation tools
- Understanding of Vehicle Dymanics and / or mechanical loads simulation
- Experience of maintaining traceability and structure in information in a variety of forms
- Programming experience (Fortran, C++, Java, Matlab) Good problem solving skills
- Relevant Degree or equivalent (automotive/mechanical engineering, physical sciences, or similar)