£32.76 - 32.76 per hour
5 months ago
A Vitual Manufacturing Engineer is required to join an automotive OEM based at Wawick and other sites.
The main role is to develop and generate a Digital Twin model to simulate the physical infrastructure for the Tucana Project. The project is looking at developing high volume low cost composite solutions for both the vehicle design and its manufacture.
The project compromises of 7 work packages:
- WP0 Project Management
- WP1 Virtual Manufacturing and Cost Modelling
- WP2 Vehicle Design
- WP3 Design and Process Validation
- WP4 Component Manufacture
- WP5 Vehicle Build
- WP6 Testing & Validation
The following roles would work in a work stream that crosses work packages 1, 3 and 5. The ultimate goal of the manufacturing teams activities within TUCANA is to develop a predictive model of the structure and cost of a composite facility, using data from current BoP, proposed BoP and validation testing. The digital model developed in this workstream will allow the user to understand the required plant layout, cost, takt time e when integrating composites into current and future facilities.
3 Key Skills Required:
- Catia V5/6 working with Teamcenter / Dassault Enovia
- Delmia / RobCAD / Process Simulate and / or other manufacturing simulation packages with knowledge of discrete event simulation
- Experience with Unity and/or other game engine systems 3D immersive environments (VR/AR visualisations)
- Ability to write clean, elegant and maintainable production-level code
- Deep experience in developing Big Data solutions, using standard proprietary and open source toolkits and libraries Understanding of machine learning and AI techniques
- Understanding of methods for real time data integration to virtual models
- Solid experience in CAD modelling using Catia V5/6 Solid experience in developing manufacturing simulations using Delmia or RobCAD
- Solid experience in developing solution using Unity or Unreal engine
- Solid experience in developing cloud solutions using GCP or Azure
Degree level or equivalent
THIS ROLE IS DEEMED INSIDE OF IR35
As part of a Government funded activity the DBC is funded through Tucana. This requires clear tracking of hours in order to audit for Government funding.
Locations: University of Warwick, Gaydon, Castle Bromwich, Solihull
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.