Job title: Virtual Data Management Engineer
Salary Range: £22.50 p/h
As Virtual Data Management Engineer your primary focus is to develop and implement improved data management systems needed to support the ambitious growth of Tooling and Pressed Parts Group.
Alongside this objective, you will work on the group's `Smart, Connected Plant' strategy, delivering projects in the areas of VR, AR & AI.
- Work closely with Tooling & Pressed Parts Group (T&PPG) Functional Leaders and internal stakeholders to develop a new and innovative departmental data management and change control system
- Roll out and control the new systems across all TPPG sites with associated data policies, standards and best practices
- Investigate novel ways of using these structured data sets to demonstrate useful business insight
- Assist with the development of new business systems, help define quality control standards, and work with the wider business to find common solutions to functional issues
- Coordinate data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services.
- Work closely with other areas of the Manufacturing community, both within JLR & externally to identify emerging information technologies which may have a positive impact for the T&PPG.
- Experience developing data management systems (SQL or similar) and interfaces
- Knowledge of industry leading data governance and quality management practices
- Working knowledge of Industry v4.0 challenges and opportunities
- Knowledge of `dust to dust' die development, commissioning and press line operations and working knowledge of VR/AR upcoming industrial technologies and the ability to apply these to solve issues within T&PPG.
- Working knowledge of CATIA (V5 and above), DELMIA, applied to a development and production environment
- Experience in the application of six sigma or other technical problem-solving methods
- Experience in continuous improvements to business processes to support customer service and financial objectives
- Suitable applicants are likely to possess a relevant Degree or PhD although this is not essential if the individual can evidence the necessary capabilities.
This is a 12 month contract position offering an hourly rate of up to £22.50 based at Gaydon with regular travel to each of our Press Shops (Castle Bromwich, Solihull, Halewood) anticipated and as well as occasional overseas travel.
It is imperative that applicants demonstrate and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.