Title: Virtual Engineer - Digital Assets
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £21.20 per hour
The Digital Assets team is responsible for providing SIMPACK Multi Body System and CarMaker Master Models to the business to support virtual engineering of all vehicle programmes. This includes the collation of data, parameterisation and quality checks of the of the full vehicle models performance assessment, design development and calibration providing the business with a single source of consistent models.
As a Virtual Engineer in the Digital Assets team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the collation of consistent data from key supporting departments to deliver Quality Assured models at key vehicle programme milestones, as well as supporting the development of new simulation scenarios, and working with MBS and 1D modellers around the business to find common solutions to individual problems.
The successful candidate will also work on developing tools that automate and speed up the model build activities, using various programming languages. Further to that he/she will work on expanding the Quality Assurance process to further increase the quality of the models the team produces
- High levels of personal organisation and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Confident to communicate.
- Good team player and self-motivated
- SIMPACK knowledge or similar MBS (Multi-Body System) software
- Knowledge of the IPG CarMaker simulation software
- Experience using Matlab / Simulink simulation tools
- Understanding of Vehicle Dymanics and / or mechanical loads simulation
- Experience of maintaining traceability and structure in information in a variety of forms Programming experience (Fortran, C++, Java, Matlab)
- Good problem solving skills
Relevant Degree or equivalent (automotive/mechanical engineering, physical sciences, or similar)
If you are interested in this position, please apply now. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.