A Virtual Engineer in Digital Vehicle Team is required to join an automotive OEM in Gaydon.
The Digital Vehicle Team is responsible for delivery of SIMPACK Multi Body System (MBS) Master Models and 1D-CarMaker Master Models to agreed modelling standards and timing to the business to support virtual engineering of all vehicle programmes.
This is done by parameterizing a standardized model template of the full vehicle models and then distributing the resulting vehicle models across the company for performance assessment, design development and calibration providing the business with a single source of consistent models.
Another aspect of the work the Digital Vehicle team carries out is to develop automation tools for model build, quality checks and the general management of the digital vehicle factory. In other words, create the machine that builds the machine. This is done via scripting, mainly in Python and MatLab, using state of the art software development tools such as JIRA and BitBucket. By doing this a set of best practices and tools is created that then is shared across other digital factories that might require them.
3 Key Skills Required:
- High levels of personal organisation and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Confident to communicate.
- Good team player and self-motivated
- SIMPACK knowledge or similar MBS (Multi-Body System) software
- Knowledge of the IPG CarMaker simulation software
- Experience using Matlab / Simulink simulation tools
- Understanding of Vehicle Dynamics and / or mechanical loads simulation
- Experience of maintaining traceability and structure in information in a variety of forms
- Programming experience (Fortran, C++, Java, Matlab)
- Good problem solving skills
Relevant Degree or equivalent (automotive/mechanical engineering, physical sciences, or similar)
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.