- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 15 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59811
Title: Virtual Discrete Event Lead Simulation Engineer - 37507
Contract Position based at: Location - West Midlands (core EMC, BAC, Solihull, Whitley)
Rate: - up to £32.49/hr Ltd (c. £25/hr PAYE option)
Virtual Discrete Event Lead Simulation Engineer is responsible for the development and delivery of the Discrete Event Simulation model and documentation, modelling the process flow from concept thru to the delivery phase to JOB1 + 90 days.
The model will be developed to include, but not limited to:
Discrete Event Simulation
- Lead the DES model generation from concept modelling to fully detailed mimic of the programme / system that meet the design scope, operating principals, performance metrics, safety, quality, delivery, cost, people and environment objectives are met.
- Lead the system optimisation, cost avoidance, best practises capturing and sharing this with relevant stakeholders
- Able to work effectively with design teams to develop and optimise solutions considering multi-attributes within defined deadlines and time constraints
- Guide the process using a product knowledge and awareness of potential design constraints to ensure due consideration is given in developing solutions
- Coordinate and lead projects and teams feedback of results as required through design / project reviews / DES Dashboards
- Lead optimisation of the DES model against different model derivative mixes and operational parameters.
- Lead the bottleneck analysis of the system and develop strategies to remove
- Lead volume throughput increase studies and system what ifs
- Guide the process to adhere to the vehicle derivative sequencing and build to sequence rules
- Support the continual development of tools and techniques which enhance capability, improve quality and robustness of DES models
- Mentor and train Junior team members and graduates
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience of Discrete Event Simulation toolset
- Demonstrable previous experience and background in production process flow simulation, problem solving on complex technical systems.
- Demonstrable previous experience of bottleneck analysis using Discrete Event Simulation.
- Demonstrable previous experience of delivering Discrete Event Simulation to programme KPIs and targets
- Proven project and people management skills.
- Experience in production sites
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to work groups and senior management
- Microsoft package elements Power Point, Teams and Excel
- Thorough Understanding and Application of Lean Tools and Techniques
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge and experience of Discrete Event Simulation toolset
- Previous experience and background in production process flow simulation, problem solving on complex technical systems.
- Previous experience of bottleneck analysis using Discrete Event Simulation.
- Previous experience of delivering Discrete Event Simulation to programme KPIs and targets
- Experience in production sites
- A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members
- High levels of personal resilience, integrity and honesty as well as large amounts of humility for the team.
- An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along
- Experience in automotive production.
- Experience working practices of programme integration and new programmes in automotive engineering.
- Previous experience Siemens Technomatix Plant Simulation toolset
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.