£50k per year
about 1 month ago
Video Intelligence Research Engineer(Job Number: 44775)
Salar £40-55000 Depending upon experience
We are looking for a Research Engineer with good knowledge and experience in system architecture and development for our European Big Data Laboratory in London. As part of Hitachi's European Research and Development Centre you will help to identify and develop new solutions in collaboration with our customers and business units leveraging Hitachi technologies and research.
In this position, you will work initially on creating solutions for video analytics and public safety but can expect to work on projects in other technical and business fields later on. You will explore and understand relevant state-of-the-art technologies in each field and develop solutions for our customers by integrating third-party technologies. Knowledge and experience in network security is an advantage.
As a Research Engineer, you will work closely with researchers within R&D primarily in Europe, but you will also be expected to connect with researchers in Japan and North America, as well as business consultants and clients in Europe.
You will report to the Head of the European Big Data Laboratory and will be based in London.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Designing video and image analytics solutions based on knowledge and experience of system architecture.
- Prototyping solutions by developing the necessary software and integrating relevant technological components with appropriate modifications.
- Demonstrate the value of the solution to targeted users in a collaboration with business units.
- Preparing and submitting patents on the technical solutions to provide competitive advantage and protect IP; and after obtaining appropriate protection, publishing technical results to establish Hitachi as a leader in big data and advanced analytics.
- As part of a team, planning, preparing and executing Proof-of-Value (PoV) of solutions and refining the solution based on external feedback.
- As part of a team, presenting proposals to business units to develop commercial opportunities aligned with current and/or future product lines.
- Communicate with business units and customers to understand their requirements. Attend meetings with Business Units and customers, presenting and communicating ideas and concepts.
- Collaborate with R&D co-workers, customers, partners, engineers, and business units with the goal of commercialising the proposed solution.
- Communicate with Lab Manager on any project issues, where these cannot be resolved within the team.
- Prepare demonstrations and presentations to BUs and customers.
Key Skills and Experience
- Master's degree in computer science, data science, mathematics or related field
- Good knowledge of and experience with system architecture, network security, database, linux operation (installation, shell commands, and shell scripts), and/or system integration
- Ability to employ innovative video and image analytics, visualisation techniques and machine learning techniques to support the resolution of complex problems
- Knowledge and experience of video and image analytics
- Knowledge and experience of web-based programming such as node-red, node.js, and REST API
- Knowledge and experience of video / image processing such as RTSP, ONVIF, similar image searching, and image recognition
- Knowledge and experience of virtualizations such as vmware, virtualbox, and/or docker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong willingness to discover social infrastructure related issues in various regions and to solve them with Video Analytics solutions
- Experience in identifying and solving technical issues and performing quantitative evaluations and comparisons of technologies in terms of performance, reliability, resource consumption, usability, and functionality
- Proven delivery of innovative solutions is desired
- Experience of leading novel research project from concept proposal to prototype development
In addition to offering a market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme, Hitachi also provide an attractive benefits package, which is regularly reviewed, and offers a wide range of benefits that you can choose from, including:
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to increase cover to include family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Gym Membership
- Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening
- Dining card
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to Tim.Parkes@jonlee.co.uk or call Tim Parkes on 01384 446145 for more information - you can apply online also.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.