Senior Executive Salary Level and Benefits
about 2 months ago
Vice President of Business Development and Marketing
UK or US Based
Our Client is the world leader in producing automatic manufacturing machinery for the lead acid battery industry. With their design and manufacturing site in the UK, but with a strong Group representation in the US, they develop and supply machines to OEM and replacement battery manufacturers that support millions of batteries that power the world's biggest names in automotive engineering, renewable energy, reserve power and motive power markets.
In support of their continued growth and sector expansion, they are seeking a Vice President of Business Development and Marketing to be preferably based in the UK, but with a consideration for a US based candidate as well.
This is not a Sales role. It is however, targeted at listening to the 'Voice of the Customer' and identifying business cases for organic and inorganic growth. As a new position in the company, this role will work closely with the existing technical and commercial teams to explore and deliver the desired growth through innovative and strategic activity.
Core Activities and Requirements
- Be globally experienced and able to translate the 'Voice of the Customer' through direct customer engagement, market analysis and strategic marketing.
- Have a commercial and technical strength to understand the lead acid battery manufacturing process and translate this capability accurately into existing and future applications.
- Go to customers and look at the opportunities to develop sales through leasing/financing arrangements, working to identify business models which support client needs and further enhance strategic partnering.
- Work with existing and future clients to provide opportunities for improved manufacturing efficiency and replacement of obsolete methods and lines, globally.
- Be able to engage accurately and comfortably at all levels of an organisation, whether with internal or external customers, working to a board level as required.
- Have experience in generating, delivering and maintaining successful marketing strategies on a global basis.
- Be able to review and understand battery manufacturing technologies to leverage automation 'know-how', identifying customer 'pinch-points' and where our Clients' engineering and experience intellectual property can add value and become the supplier of choice.
- Have experience in identifying opportunities for Company and Group acquisitions to further develop and enhance the organisations capability and offering.
- Not be involved in the direct sales activity but understand solution sales and financing tools to support sales growth alongside the existing Group Sales Director to deliver successful growth.
The full remuneration and benefits for this position have been agreed and for either the UK or US market we anticipate a Senior Executive level candidate with commercial and marketing responsibility from a relating technically and globally positioned background. This role will command a strong basic salary, corporate bonus incentive and package benefits.
Should you have the experience and proven market approach to support this role, along with a strength in technical awareness to focus on true product market growth and development, then please apply directly. There is a strict selection criteria based on experience for this position although candidates from a diverse range of sectors may be considered.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.