over 1 year ago
Verification Specialist - Import/Export
£negotiable hourly rate
An opportunity has arisen for a Verification Specialist to work for a leading manufacturer of off-highway equipment based in the Peterborough area.
As a Verification Specialist, you will be validating and approving export and import freight invoices covering material being imported to our Peterborough site from our worldwide supplier base in line with pre-defined Sarbanes Oxley rules.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Review incoming freight invoices for inbound and outbound material.
- Validate service has been incurred by checking internal databases to prove material has been received or shipped from site.
- Check Proof of Delivery has been supplied if required.
- Checking pre-agreed rate cards to ensure invoice matches.
- Identifying non-standard transport and checking Special Transport Form for agreed rate.
- Adherence to local departmental metrics on invoice grief resolution.
- Producing weekly reports to summarise grief levels and ageing.
- Supporting Month-end Accrual Process.
- Querying discrepant invoices with carriers
- Investigating unapproved invoices by engaging with key business contacts to understand material lane and drive resolution / payment
- Raise manual payment requests where required
- Act as a champion for compliance at all times.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure they understand the end to end transport process and drive process discipline.
Required Skills / Experience
- Numerate and PC literate
- Knowledge and understanding of Incoterms
- Experience of Export and Import Processes
- Microsoft Excel knowledge to Intermediate Level
- Able to work with both speed and accuracy
- Able to display tenacity when trying to resolve queries
- Ability to build relationships with key internal and external process partners
- Experience of working with ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience of working with International Freight and carriers.
This is a 6-month rolling contract, requiring demonstrable skills in export and import processes.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.