Title: System Architect
Salary Range: £29.10 - £30.71
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
System Architect - Automotive Systems
An increasingly important part of vehicles in this segment are the software intensive features that lead to products that are very much more than the sum of their parts. With a strong focus on the needs of our customer, we are aggressively seeking to deliver many new and innovative features across a range of already complex mechatronic products.
This is your opportunity to help in the creation of those features which our customers will perceive as world class. This is a succinct overview of the role. As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Leading the definition; development and delivery of harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into vehicles
- System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis - carry out a range of analysis and investigations of the customer requirements to define the expected system functionality and their performance targets.
- Evaluating multiple system design concepts and maintain integrity between system and its components to arrive at a harmonised solution
- System Functional and Physical Architecture - Liaise with architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programmes, as well as electrical and physical vehicle architecture.
- System Design Specification - prepare system requirements specification and developing functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined customer requirements
- System Integration - Define system logical and physical architecture, Interface Control Document and a system integration plan.
- Verification and Validation - Design and develop system integration tests
- Leading cross-functional technical reviews on the systems ¿ Adhere to the defined systems engineering process
3 KEY SKILLS
- System Functional and non-functional analysis
- System Integration Model based systems engineering (MBSE) Requirements Management (RM)
- Experience in SysML / IBM Rational Rhapsody / IBM Rational DOORS
Use of IBM Rational tools
Systems Engineering background
Technical Master Degree with 5+ years of experience
If you are interested in this contract opportunity please apply now.