£15.00 per hour PAYE
An experienced Vehicle Technician (E in Test Services & Site Facilities) is required to join an automotive company based in Cranfield.
Pay rate - £15.00 /hr PAYE
- Preparation / building / maintenance of vehicles or components for test in line with local procedures and Company Engineering Manuals.
- Support Testing in static and dynamic conditions to gather accurate, timely, and quality test data/results.
- Support Evaluation and concern identification including liaison with Test Engineer.
- Support delivery of Key Performance Indicators for the section
- Use skills to provide support to other sections as required
- Assemble / dis-assemble parts, components or vehicles for static & dynamic test activities
- Maintenance of Test Vehicle Fleet to include safety check, retrofit, fault finding, repair.
- Camouflaging of confidential vehicles in accordance with procedures
- Delivery/collection of competitor vehicles from dealers
- Liaise with Test/Design engineers to conduct tests to Company Standards & local operating procedures
- Instrumentation set-up
- Write reports.
- Assist with facility management inclusive of maintenance, facility calibration, risk assessment and training.
- Learn bespoke systems required to fulfil role
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Ideally C&G / BTEC L3 in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering with a recognised Apprenticeship.
- Fundamental understanding of vehicle dis-assembly, assembly, & maintenance techniques
- Vehicle system knowledge with the ability to fault find
- Experience within vehicle or component test environments is preferred but not essential
- Understanding of component measurement techniques
- Electronic / Electrical background (automotive)
- Test rig experience (General)
- Basic Machining / Welding / Fabrication
- Computer literacy (word processing)
- Data analysis & Report writing
- Facility & instrumentation calibration
- Use skills to provide support to other test sections as required
The ideal candidate will have the following skillset:
- Fully proficient in the fundamental practical mechanical / Electrical skills required for this role
- Ability to work safely and to comply with legal and company safety policies
- Fully proficient Excel data management and producing graphs
- A good knowledge of Word and PowerPoint for report writing & presentation preparation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to work independently to manage and prioritise their own and workload
The candidate will require the following materials and equipment for use during the assignment: Safety Footwear complying with EN ISO 20345; Branded uniform (to consist of 2x grey combat style trousers, min 2x black polo t-shirts, min 1x black cotton sweater).
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.