- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 02 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59355
Vehicle Technician - 54403
Up to £17.94 per hour (Inside IR35)
AWR rate increase applies after 12 weeks. Rate will increase to £23.24
The Dunton European Powertrain team are responsible for delivering calibrations across many gasoline, MHEV, PHEV & BEV applications. To support this work, they have a fleet of development vehicles to develop calibrations and perform sign off.
This role is to manage this fleet of vehicles and work with the calibration engineers and the instrumentation team to ensure that development vehicles are instrumented to meet the engineers requirements.
- This will include using laptops to set up the required databases.
- Work with the prototype build teams, calibration engineers and workshop to manage any repairs or updates required to maintain the fleet of vehicles.
- Ensure software and calibration levels are up to date on development vehicles by coordinating relevant teams and also flash test software and calibration.
- Maintain records on all vehicles and ensure vehicles are taxed, registered and have relevant documentation.
- Work alongside calibration engineers to support data logging tasks including wind tunnel support and on track/road driving.
- Support the wider team with vehicle benchmarking activities and vehicle updates.
- Support in territory climate sign off trips as required.
- Arrange shipping of vehicles and components to test locations and supplier sites.
- Prepare vehicles for emissions lab and chamber work.
- Good working knowledge of vehicle components and operation obtained through dealers/workshops.
- Some experience of vehicle modules/software and associated tools desirable.
- Knowledge of engines, current hybrid technologies and components desirable or a willingness to learn.
Must have valid UK or EU driving licence. Travel: Yes- some climate trip support
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
For further information, please send your interest and CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.