- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 26 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58892
Vehicle Technician - JP00000403
£16.01 per hour - PAYE
12 months assignment
- Preparation / building / maintenance of vehicles or components for test in line with local procedures and Engineering Manuals.
- Conduct static and dynamic evaluations of various vehicles to ensure products meet our European customers' needs
- Support digital evaluations of company products using be-spoke computer packages
- Liaise with Test/Design engineers to conduct tests to company Standards & local operating procedures
- Assemble / dis-assemble parts, components or vehicles for static & dynamic test activities
- Maintenance of Test Vehicle Fleet to include safety check, retrofit, fault finding, repair.
- Instrumentation set-up
- Write reports
- Learn bespoke systems required to fulfil role
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Ideally C&G / BTEC L3 in mechanical or automotive engineering with a recognised apprenticeship.
- Fundamental understanding of vehicle architecture
- Vehicle system knowledge with the ability to fault find
- Experience within vehicle or component test environments is preferred but not essential
- Understanding of basic component measurement techniques preferred but not essential
- Basic Computer literacy (word processing)
- Use skills to provide support to other test sections as required
- Full UK Manual/Auto Driving Licence
- Passion for automotive performance and technologies
- Ability to formulate constructive opinions regarding automotive products and communicate subjective data clearly
- Fully proficient in the fundamental practical mechanical / Electrical skills required for this role
- Ability to work safely and to comply with legal and company safety policies
- Fully proficient Excel data management and producing graphs
- A good knowledge of Word and PowerPoint for report writing & presentation preparation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to work independently to manage and prioritise their own and workload
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.