£16 per hour
about 1 month ago
Role - Vehicle Technician (JP00000348)
Location - Cranfield
Rate - PAYE £16.01/hr. Inside IR35.
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Preparation / building / maintenance of vehicles or components for test in line with local procedures and Engineering Manuals.
- Support Testing in static and dynamic conditions to gather accurate, timely, and quality test data/results.
- Support Evaluation and concern identification including liaison with Test Engineer.
- Support delivery of Key Performance Indicators for the section
- Use skills to provide support to other sections as required
- Assemble / dis-assemble parts, components or vehicles for static & dynamic test activities
- Maintenance of Test Vehicle Fleet to include safety check, retrofit, fault finding, repair.
- Camouflaging of confidential vehicles in accordance with procedures
- Delivery/collection of competitor vehicles from dealers
- Liaise with Test/Design engineers to conduct tests to company Standards & local operating procedures
- Instrumentation set-up
- Write reports.
- Assist with facility management inclusive of maintenance, facility calibration, risk assessment and training.
- Learn bespoke in house systems required to fulfil role
Qualifications, skills training requirements
- Ideally C&G / BTEC L3 in mechanical or automotive engineering with a recognised apprenticeship.
- Fundamental understanding of vehicle dis-assembly, assembly, & maintenance techniques
- Vehicle system knowledge with the ability to fault find
- Electronic / Electrical background (automotive)
- Experience within vehicle or component test environments is preferred but not essential
- Understanding of basic component measurement techniques preferred but not essential
- FLT licence preferred but not essential
- Basic Machining / Welding / Fabrication
- Basic Computer literacy (word processing)
Use skills to provide support to other test sections as required
- Fully proficient in the fundamental practical mechanical / Electrical skills required for this role
- Ability to work safely and to comply with legal and company safety policies
- Fully proficient Excel data management and producing graphs
- A good knowledge of Word and PowerPoint for report writing & presentation preparation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to work independently to manage and prioritise their own and workload
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.