Peterlee, County Durham
£39000 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits
almost 2 years ago
Vehicle System Configuration Engineer
Salary: £39,000 - £45,000 plus excellent benefits
Location: Peterlee, Country Durham
A fantastic opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As a Vehicle Systems Configuration Engineer you prime focus is on new vehicle development and you will have responsibility for the vehicle bill of materials (BOM) and structure.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Complete virtual design reviews of all new releases.
- Perform machine level CREO and VizView Audits in support of Safety and Serviceability
- Facilitate virtual reviews in the CAVE (Computer Aided Virtual Environment)
- Manage vehicle level audit issues list & maintain machine level technical specification
- Maintain the vehicle level weight and weight distribution; fuel and fluid volumes; test specifications; shipping data and general arrangements
- Own & control machine coordinate systems in CREO and communicate with other design teams and component groups
- Create and manage product structure (UGC and BOM)
- Build support for prototype, pilot and pre-production machine builds
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Experience of design configuration
- Experience of CREO / ProEngineer 3D CAD package
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools
- Bachelors degree in an accredited Engineering, Materials Science or a related subject
- Experience of vehicle design configuration
- Experience managing workflows in the Siemens TeamCentre PLM database
In return for your experience you will receive:
A competitive annual salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, up to 5 service days, 10% Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%) and Free Car Parking. Relocation can also be offered for the right candidate.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.