Title: Software Engineer
Hourly Rate £34.53/hr
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The purpose of this role is define, implement and maintain the software release and planning of the premium Infotainment Systems. This will involve releasing software from multiple supplying partners from both source code and pre-compiled binaries. Reporting to the Software Build and Release Manager the Release and Planning Engineer will play a leading role in ensuring a robust and controlled release of the infotainment system to production and service. In addition, releases will be planned and well communicated to all stakeholders within the business. Key Performance Indicators
- Successful daily software integration, build and release to validation team via full automation.
- Accurate software planning of software releases to meet stakeholder needs.
- Robust delivery of infotainment system software iterations to production, service and other stakeholders.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Software Integration of Large Scale Systems.
- Software Planning and Release using both traditional and agile approaches for Planning.
- Proficient ability to use python, Bash or other scripting and prototyping language.
- Experience in integrating large scale embedded software systems.
- Proficient in a number of software version control systems and related tools.
- Ability to write scripts in Python, Perl or Bash to automate SW activities.
- Degree educated in Software Engineering or related subject preferred.
- Experience in working at all software development lifecycle stages.
- A competent user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to present and communicate complex technical issues to a variety of audiences including senior management.
- Experience in multiple different branches strategies.
- Proficient in a number of implementation languages both procedural and object oriented.
- Demonstrated experience implementing infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge of automotive processes for component delivery advantageous.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and distributions.
- Experience in cloud based software build infrastructures.
- A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology.
- A strong technical talent for configuration of large scale software systems.
- Comfortable challenging cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the business.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to internal and external partners.
- A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence. Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision.
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment with a range of expectations on what customer-focussed solutions might look like.
If you are interested in this opportunity apply now!