Vehicle Safety Test Engineer - 34430 - up to £27.81/hr Ltd - Vehicle Engineering, Gaydon Warwickshire
As part of a small supportive team, the Vehicle Safety Test Engineer will be a lead a cross-functional team from the start of a unique and exciting vehicle programme, responsible for one or more of the following test modes: Front Impact, Side Impact, Rear Impact, Rollover, Pedestrian Impact, Interior Head Impact. Crash Sensing, Active Safety. The Vehicle Safety/Test Engineer role will enjoy developing concepts through processes, creatively solve problems, steer virtual assessments, hands-on testing, manage projects and then prove all that hard work by destroying expensive prototypes through high energy crash testing.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Applicants should be familiar with all aspects of the vehicle architecture
- Applicants should be familiar with Vehicle Safety Integration activity and testing activity
- A working knowledge of corporate and legal vehicle safety standards is required
Applicants should be qualified to degree level or equivalent or should have a significant amount of relevant practical experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a team environment
- Have high-level awareness of vehicle architecture and modern automotive technologies
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to demanding deadlines with minimum supervision Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.