Vehicle Quality Electronics Launch Engineer
A Vehicle Quality Electronics Launch Engineer is required with knowledge of software application.
Our client based in Sunderland requires a Vehicle Quality Electronics Launch Engineer with automotive electrical development experience for a new contract role. As a Vehicle Quality Electronics Launch Engineer, you will be required to:
- Validate the logic and functional operation of electrical systems on the vehicle against company specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Report electrical concerns into project reviews and senior management
- Conduct root cause investigation of complex electrical concerns on vehicles under the guidance of the component test engineer
- Create test specifications to ensure full validation of the electrical systems
- Cross functional working with plant quality and engineering teams to ensure early response to concerns.
- Provide technical support to the production plant.
- Some management of suppliers and hosting of guest engineers
- Act as a window for information flow between manufacturing and design/test for electrical issues
- Ensure the rework pedigree of test fleet before vehicles start test program
The Vehicle Quality Electronics Launch Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development relating to vehicle body electronics and other electrical control system
- Expert knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
- Understanding of modular software hardware integration (boot loader, application and configuration)
- Experience of software application into vehicle ECUs in the manufacturing environment - flashing, coding/configuration and calibration.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices
- Be able to risk assess software modifications and develop appropriate test plans
- Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN)
- Be able to operate CANalyzer software or similar and interpret the results
- Be able to follow system circuit diagrams and identify electrical connections
- Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
- Experience of harness layout rules and judgement criteria
- Be conversant with digital oscilloscopes, and basic electrical test equipment.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and or at short notice.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
If you have any questions about the Vehicle Quality Electronics Launch Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.